Easy No-Bake Cranberry Pie
This has become our Fall favorite dessert (cause this the only I can make) …. This Pie is a perfect combination of creamy and tart flavors.
As curious eaters me and my husband would buy any strange looking fruit or vegetable. So one fine fall day my husband got a package of fresh Cranberries. We liked cranberry flavored juices,so the fresh fruit would definitely taste good. So after tasting our first ever cranberry we realized you can’t eat them raw. And I was left with a package of fresh cranberries and Google to find the easiest and quickest recipe. Cause I have no patience or skills to bake or make fine desserts.
And Aarav was happy to make any Pie (Fall=Pie). And even happier when he got to do pretty much everything to make the pie and anyway he wants to do.
So here is the recipe for our favorite (favorite goes for pretty much all the desserts) dessert. Few tips to make it perfect every time.
- You can use fresh Cranberry sauce or Canned one.
- If you are using fresh one it’s a good idea to make it ahead of time and let it cool before using for pie.
- If your sauce is too syrupy it is a good idea to drain the syrup a little.
- Add some water or any other drink to the drained syrup to make Cranberry flavored drink !!!
- If you like big layer of cheese or cranberry sauce don’t hesitate to add or cut the ingredients.
- You can use the store bought whip cream BUT there is no match for homemade. It will stay on your pie till you enjoy the last bite of the biggest piece of Pie.
Prep Time : 5 Minutes
Cook Time : 15 minutes
1 Cup water
1 Cup Sugar
1 Package fresh Cranberries
1) Mix water and sugar in a deep pan.Let it come to boil.
2) Add cranberries.
3) Let it cook for 10-12 minutes until the water evaporates.
Assemble the Pie
Prep Time : 15 Minutes
Cook Time : 10 Minutes
1 ready made Pie Crust
1 8 OZ. Pack of Cream cheese
1/4 Cup sugar
1 TBS Vanilla extract
Cranberry sauce made from 1 pack of fresh Cranberries or 1 can of sauce
Whipped Cream as much as you like !!!
1) Mix Cream cheese,sugar And Vanilla extract in a bowl with fork.
2) Spread cream cheese mix in the Pie crust.
2) Spread Cranberry sauce.
3) Let it rest for at least an hour before serving.
4) Serve it with a big dollop of whipped cream on top.
Join our group on Facebook for more fun idea on how to cook,play and eat with your kids.
Follow us on Instagram