A perfect Hot and Sour soup to get little warm in this cold cold weather !!!
And speaking of cold cold weather reminds me that for two weeks I haven’t been able to do any real post on the blog (and nothing in real life too) thanks to the extended visit form Mr.fever and Miss Cold. And this is what I eat almost everyday for last 5-6 days. This is very simple soup with only few ingredients.The best thing about this soup is Aarav prepared almost everything for me to put the soup together. And there is nothing better than a 5 year old trying to do anything he can to make you feel better.
And with this recipe we are introducing our quick recipe category. Here we will give you Soups, Smoothies ,Salads,Chutnies and some side dishes ideas. Hope you will all enjoy them.
- Try to make fresh batch of soup whenever you want. Leftovers don’t taste or feel so good.
- Use fresh Ginger instead of powder.
- Use just enough corn starch so soup doesn’t feel watery. We are not making gravy here.
- If you don’t have Vegetable stock in the pantry , Use water with Vegetable flavor bouillon(small cubes of flavoring)
Prep Time : 10 Minutes
Cook Time : 10-15 Minutes
1 TBSP Oil
1 Cup Grated Cabbage and Carrots
1/2 Cup Sliced Mushroom (optional)
1 TBSP Ginger (chopped or shredded)
1/2 TSP Garlic (chopped or shredded)
1/2 TSP Green chilies (approximately 2 chilies)
3 Cups Vegetable stock or water
2 TBSP Corn Starch
2 TBSP Soy Sauce (add more to taste)
2 TBSP Vinegar or lemon (if you like it real sour)
Salt to taste
Some finely chopped Green Onions
1) Heat the oil in the pan and add Ginger,Garlic and Chilies. Saute for 30 seconds.
2) Add mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes ,until tender. Add other veggies and saute for few more minutes.
3) Add vegetable stock and let it come to a boil.
4) Mix corn starch with little cold water and add it to the soup.
5) Let the soup thicken , for 2 more minutes.
6) Add vinegar , Sprinkle some Green Onions and serve.