I wouldn’t have made them till summer or at least spring , until the insane prices of pappers would come down a little. Only last week I was talking to my friend about how expensive all the pappers are in winter and how we love to have them in salads and everything.
But maybe the people at grocery store heard my prayers and lowered the prices , so I bought a whole lot of pappers for my Roasted Red Papers in Balsamic Vinegar.
We first tastes this (or something like this) at a small cozy family style Italian Restaurant. Though I have never tasted Balsamic Vinegar by the color and taste I assumed that the Pappers are marinated in Balsamic Vinegar. So I thought about giving them a try.
You can use them in salads, sandwiches or eat just like that.
Prep Time : 10 Minutes
Cook Time : 30 Minutes + 10 minutes
Now 30 minutes doesn’t sound like a quick fix , But that’s the time for roasting them in the oven. Practically all you have to do is watch TV, Cook actual Dinner or watch the papers while they are having fun in the sun (well Oven).
4 Big Red Pappers
2 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
3 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Clove of Garlic
Salt to taste
Preheat the Oven 350 Degrees F / 175 Degrees C
1) Cut the pappers in half. Put them on the baking sheet lined with aluminium foil.
2) Oil the skin of the papers. That way the skin will peel of easily once the are roasted.
3) Put the baking sheet on the Oven and let the paper roast for 30 minutes. Or until the skin start turning black on some places.
4) Take them out of the oven and let them cool.
5) Once cooled peel the skin off and cut them in to strips.
6) Mix all the other ingredients onto a bowl or a jar and put the pappers in.
Let them sit and sip all the vinegar and garlic flavor for and hour or so before serving.