Corn In Coconut Milk !!!
Corn is in the season so they must be in your refrigerator too !!! But for my family corn is always in the season and Coconut Milk is one of the few things husband really desires ….. So when I came across this recipe in a cookbook I knew this is going to be a family favorite.
- You can use frozen corn.
- You can use kernels of corn but you won’t get chance to wipe all that yummy coconut milk of the plate with you cob and ……… Boy that is something not to miss !!!
- Use a good quality Coconut milk , check the label. There should be only coconut and water in the Ingredients.
Prep Time : 15 Minutes (if using frozen corn 5 Minutes)
Cook Time : 10 Minutes
4 Corn ( Husked and cut into cube)
1 Can Coconut Milk
Water (as per desired consistency Approx. 1/2 cup)
For Tempering :
2 TBSP Oil
Pinch Of Mustard seeds (optional)
Pinch Of Cumin Seeds
Green Chilies or red Chilies (To taste)
- In a medium size pot, put the 2 TBSP of oil and let it heat little bit.
- Add Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds and let them platter (fancy word for let the seed make funny sounds and bounce in the oil).
- Add Chilies and corn. Saute them for 2 minutes.
- Add Coconut Milk and water.
- Cover the pot and let them cook for about 5 minutes and turn of the heat.
- Let it sit for few more minutes so corn cooks fully but the coconut milk won’t boil over.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves if desired (means if they are available )
- Enjoy it with rice or just by itself. Hot or Cold….. Don’t forget to wipe all the coconut milk with cob from the plate and suck the corn cob.