Whole lot of Vegan Protein In just one bowl !!!
Lately I have been asked many times that being a Vegetarian how you manage to get enough Protein ? I don’t know if I have been asked the question more often or that now I am more aware of our protein intake But I am always looking for more dishes with more protein.
Even though my family enjoys a whole lot different cuisines. All of us still want something Indian (Hot and lot of flavors) and simple (easy to cook for me) as our everyday meals.So here is the salad I came up which is a answer to all of the problems mentioned above. Though it is a meal for us I make something side dish for kids since only salad can not satisfy them.
1 Cup cooked Chickpeas has 15 Grams of protein. If you are curious about more health facts here is a really helpful link.
- Add any vegetable you like or have in your refrigerator.
- Feel free to use caned beans.
- If using dried beans, they should be socked for at least 5 hours and than boiled for 30 minutes.
Prep Time : 15 minutes (if using caned beans )
Cook Time : 10 Minutes (except boiling the beans there is no actual cooking )
1 1/2 Cups Chickpeas1/4 Cup Onion
1/2 Cup Tomamtoes
1/2 Cup Red Pepper
1/2 Cup Cucumber
1/4 Cup Artichoke Hearts (chopped)
Water for Boiling the Chickpeas (if using raw)
For Marinade :
1 1/2 TBSP Tahini
1/4 Spoon Red Pepper flakes (use according to your taste)
1 Clove Garlic
Juice from 1 Lemon
1) If using raw chickpeas , you need to soak them in the water for at least 4-5 hours. Than boil them in a large vessel , Preferably a Pressure cooker. It takes about 15-20 minutes for Chickpeas to become soft.
2)Chop all the vegetables and mix them in a large bowl.
3)Mix all the ingredients for Marinade in a small bowl.
4) Add boiled and cooled chickpeas (if using tin , open and drain the water) to the chopped vegetables.
5) Mix the marinade in the salad and …… enjoy !!!